Whiplash Injury Claim Coverage across Great Britain
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain.
Recovery from Whiplash
Generally, whiplash symptoms include neck and back pain and stiffness, reduced neck and back mobility and pain in the shoulders. However, because of the delicacy of the spinal column, other symptoms can include blurred vision, headaches, tinnitus, pain in both arms, poor concentration and memory loss. So if you have suffered a whiplash injury and are experiencing any of these symptoms, how long will it take you to recover?
How long can it take to recover from whiplash?
Although whiplash symptoms are mostly consistent from case to case, the time it takes for them to become apparent and recovery time can vary hugely. In most cases, the good news is that most people will recover from their injury within six months. Only in cases of chronic whiplash do symptoms last for longer than this. Cases of chronic whiplash are substantially less common than less severe cases of whiplash.
Speeding Up Recovery From Whiplash
The length of time it takes to recover from whiplash will depend on the severity of your injury and the treatment options you choose. To speed up your whiplash recovery, the best advice to follow will be that of your doctor. However, 1st Claims can offer you some general advice.
- Mobilisation is vital if you are suffering from whiplash. It is absolutely not advisable to make violent movements though - gentle movements are the key. Even though your neck is likely to be tender and painful, it is recommended to keep up movement. Keeping your neck and head static will likely prolong your whiplash injury, so for this reason a neck brace is not a recommended treatment for a whiplash injury.
- Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen and paracetamol can be used to ease the discomfort you are in. If your whiplash is severe your doctor may prescribe you stronger painkillers than this.
- If your whiplash is more severe you may need to attend physiotherapy sessions to shorten your recovery time. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to claim back any expenses related to physiotherapy and treatment.
Seek Medical Attention Quickly
If you believe you have suffered a whiplash injury, you should seek medical attention as soon as you start to experience any symptoms associated with the condition. The sooner you do this, the better your chances are of managing the injury before it develops into a more painful and debilitating condition. In addition, ensuring that your symptoms are recorded can be vital should you intend to pursue a personal injury claim.
According to UK law, victims have up to three years in which to launch a personal injury claim, so it doesn’t matter whether you experience symptoms within hours or even months of a collision.
1stClaims Can Help
If you do decide to pursue a claim and would like 1stClaims' expert Whiplash Claim Solicitors on your side, call us free on 0800 2888 693 or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, no problems at all
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was very very simple
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by by experts with 12 years of claims experience. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit