Whiplash Injury Claim Coverage across Great Britain
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain.
Whiplash is caused when the neck is moved beyond its normal range of movement, so that the ligaments, tendons and muscles stretch and strain. This usually happens when the body is suddenly accelerated and then just as violently decelerated. Whiplash is most commonly caused by a vehicular collision.
You may think its difficult to prevent whiplash as it usually occurs following an accident and as we all know, accidents do happen. However, there are ways you can reduce the severity of, or totally prevent, your whiplash. 1st Claims will advise you of these ways and will also run through ways motor companies are engaging in whiplash prevention.
Whiplash Prevention – What You Can Do
Research by Thatcham found 72% of people sat in the front seat of a car failed to adjust their head rest properly or had head rests that were incapable of offering any protection.
Adjusting your seat and headrest properly is simple and only takes a couple of minutes. Doing so will significantly reduce the likelihood of you suffering from whiplash. It will also mean that if you do suffer whiplash following a collision it will be much less severe and could prevent you from suffering from long term effects.
- To adjust your headrest properly ensure that the top of the headrest is in line with the top of your head and also ensure that the headrest itself is approximately an inch behind your head when you are sat upright. Essentially your headrest needs to be as close to the back of your head as possible so that it will stop your head from accelerating backwards in the event of a collision. Also ensure that your headrest is locked in place as if your headrest isn’t locked in place it could move during a collision and this would make any whiplash injury worse.
- To adjust your seat properly, ensure that your seat is in the upright position and is providing proper support to your back. If your seat is upright it will provide you with the support that you need in the event of a collision.
Adjust your seat and headrest every time you get into a new car, and every time you use a vehicle that you share with another person to ensure that you are doing all you can to prevent a whiplash injury.
Whiplash Prevention – What Companies Are Doing
Car companies are constantly working hard to design better seats and headrests to help reduce whiplash injuries in car passengers. Also companies such as Thatcham can provide you with a safety rating for your vehicle, so when you are buying a new car you can choose one which will give you the best protection in the event of an accident. Thatcham rate the safety of seats and headrests – the most important part of the car for whiplash prevention.
If Whiplash Prevention Doesn’t Work For You - 1stClaims Can Help
As we said at the beginning, accidents do happen and even with these whiplash prevention measures in place you may find yourself suffering from whiplash following an accident that was not your fault. If you are in this situation you may be able to make a claim for whiplash compensation. 1stClaims solicitors are specialist whiplash claim solicitors and will arrange private treatment for you as part of the process.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was fine
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Has already done so
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by by experts with 12 years of claims experience. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit