Whiplash Injury Claim Coverage across Great Britain
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain.
A whiplash injury can be very painful, with symptoms ranging from a stiff neck that persists for a few days through to whiplash syndrome which can involve persistent headaches, reduced range of movement in the neck and lumber pain. These symptoms can go on for some for months and for some unfortunate sufferers, years.
How Much Compensation For Whiplash?
If you are thinking about making a whiplash claim you might also be wondering how much compensation you could receive. It is a fair consideration, as you will want to weigh up whether or not it is worth your time and energy.
Whilst it is not always easy to quantify a claim for compensation, over the years there has been sufficient case law which enables the courts to achieve the purpose of compensation: to put the person claiming compensation back in the position they would have been in had the accident not happened.
As part of the assessment of whiplash claim your solicitor will refer to a guide called the Judicial Studies Board Guidelines for the Assessment of General Damages in Personal Injury Cases that suggests compensation of:
- £1,000 to £2,500 if you make a complete recovery within 1 year
- £2,500 to £4,250 if you make a complete recovery within 2 years
- £4,250 to £7,750 (slow recovery, increased vulnerability)
- £7,750 to £16,000 if you have permanent ongoing symptoms
However, it is difficult to say precisely how much you will be entitled to, as every case of whiplash is different. Your claim will be assessed on its individual merit, and various factors will be measured to determine how much compensation you should receive.
Find out if you are eligible to make a claim for whiplash compensation.
The Two Parts Of Whiplash Compensation
The figure you receive for whiplash compensation is broken down into two sets of damages – ‘general damages’ and ‘special damages’. Your general damages and special damages will then be added together to create a sum of compensation that suitably reflects the physical, emotional and financial injuries you have endured.
1. General Damages
The severity of your injury, and the length of time your injury has lasted for (or is expected to continue for) will be reviewed. In order to do this, your solicitor will ask an independent medical expert to look at your medical records and examine you in person. Afterwards he or she will write a report detailing the extent of your whiplash, and your likely prognosis.
If you have had a very bad whiplash injury and you are likely to suffer long-term health complaints as a result, your general damages will be very high. On the other hand, if you have had a minor whiplash injury and have already made a complete recovery, your sum of general damages will be a little lower.
Every case is assessed on the full details of the injury and the impact on your life. Your whiplash solicitor will also obtain a full witness statement from you and any members of your family that have seen the impact of the injury on your day to day life. Your award for your General Damages will be assessed in the light of previous whiplash cases, guidelines and your witness and medical evidence.
Once your solicitor has this information he will be able to assess the amount of your General Damages, usually giving you with a range in which he would expect you to recover compensation.
2. Special Damages
These are easier to assess because they will be based on real expenses incurred by you. Your whiplash solicitor will ask you to provide receipts, wage slips, and any other documentation that you have that will prove your losses and expenses.
Your claim for Special Damages can include the following:
- Lost Earnings. If you had time off work due to your whiplash injury you will be able to claim back your lost earnings. You will need your wage slips so that your solicitor can work out your losses.
- Car Repairs. If your car was damaged in the accident you will be able to claim back the cost of any repairs and if the accident was not your fault your no claims bonus will not be harmed. Garage invoices will prove the cost of any repairs.
- Car Storage. If the garage stored your car before the repairs took place then you can claim for these storage charges too.
- Car Hire. If you needed to travel whilst your car was off the road you will be able to recover the cost of any car hire.
- Treatment. You may have received physiotherapy or chiropractic treatment privately. If you did you can reclaim these costs as part of your whiplash compensation claim.
- Travel expenses. This will be for additional travel expenses incurred as a result of the accident, such as travelling to treatment or for other appointments related to your claim for compensation.
- Damaged Items. During the accident other items in your vehicle might have been damaged.
- Medication. If you needed to take medication as a result of the accident, you can recover the cost of this.
- Any other expenses. If you incurred any other expense at all as a result of the accident then you can recover the cost of this expense too.
Compensation Isn’t Just About Money
We recognise that if you cannot work, or are experiencing high levels of pain, you might not want to wait for weeks for treatment on the National Health Service. That is why 1stClaims solicitors can arrange treatment for you anywhere across the United Kingdom. What's more, you do not need to worry about paying the costs as these will be taken care of for you. Find out more about treatment for whiplash.
How We Help You
1stClaims connects whiplash victims with expert solicitors across the United Kingdom at no cost to you. If you would like 1stClaims' expert Whiplash Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
If Yes, were they able to help? Not sure yet, but looks encouraging
Was our website easy to use? Did it over the phone
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, the service was very helpful
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was very straightforward
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by by experts with 12 years of claims experience. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit