UK Wide Whiplash Injury Claim Coverage
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors ready to help you across the UK
How Long Does Whiplash Last?
Whiplash is a painful injury to be suffering from, particularly if it is severe. Therefore you will inevitably be questioning how long it will take you to recover from your whiplash. In most cases, the good news is that most people will recover from their injury within six months of the incident which caused their whiplash. Only in cases of chronic whiplash do symptoms last for longer than six months. Cases of chronic whiplash are substantially less common than less severe cases of whiplash.
Speeding Up Recovery From Whiplash
The length of time it takes to recover from whiplash will be partially dependent on how you deal with your whiplash and partially dependent upon its severity. To speed up your whiplash recovery, the best advice to follow will be that of your doctor. However, 1st Claims can offer you some general advice.
1. If you suffer from symptoms such as difficulty moving your neck, pain in your neck and the muscles of your neck or headaches, up to 12 hours after your accident - it is likely to be whiplash. Do be sure to visit a doctor for a diagnosis.
2. Mobilisation is vital if you are suffering from whiplash. It is absolutely not advisable to make violent movements, gentle movements are the key. However, do try to keep moving even though your neck will be tender and painful. If you keep your neck and head static this will prolong your whiplash injury. For this reason a neck brace is not a recommended treatment for a whiplash injury. Keeping moving should speed up your whiplash recovery.
3. Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen and paracetamol can be used to ease the discomfort you are in. If your whiplash is severe your doctor may prescribe you stronger painkillers than paracetamol. You should be aware that some individuals cannot take paracetamol or ibuprofen depending on their medical history and dependent upon other medication they taking.
4. If your whiplash is more severe you may need to attend physiotherapy sessions to shorten your recovery time. You may be able to claim for a refund for your physiotherapy sessions depending on the circumstances of your accident. If the accident was not your fault, but the fault of a third party, you should be able to claim back the cost of your treatment from them by making a personal injury claim. 1st Claims lawyers can help you make this claim.
Can We Help You?
The answer is likely to be yes. 1st Claims whiplash lawyers take on many cases which have previously been rejected by other personal injury firms due to their firm belief that everyone is entitled to compensation if they deserve it.
So if you would like 1stClaims' expert Personal Injury Claim Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes, he was transferred straight away
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it seemed fine
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, the process was very efficient and helpful
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by experts with 14 years of claims experience. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit