UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
How To Sue A Surgeon
With over ten years of medical training being required to become a surgeon, they are highly specialised in what they do. However, even specialists make mistakes at time. Some complications of surgery are unavoidable but some are. It is these avoidable complications which will lead to successful surgical negligence claims. Surgical negligence is a specific form of medical negligence.
Surgical negligence is an extremely serious matter. The results of an error during surgery can be life changing and in very serious cases, can cause death. Therefore, it is important that if you have been a victim of surgical negligence, you know how to sue a surgeon.
Successfully Suing A Surgeon
To successfully sue a surgeon your solicitor will need to be show that the actions of your surgeon directly caused you harm. They will also have to be able to show that your surgeon acted in a way which a reasonable body of medical professionals - in this case, other surgeons, would not have acted. It is not always clear cut whether a surgical negligence claim will be successful. Talk to one of our lawyers today to find out how viable your claim is.
How To Sue A Surgeon With 1st Claims
To sue a surgeon with 1st Claims you need to do there simple things:-
1. Contact us: It is possible for you to make a negligence claim on behalf of yourself, or on behalf of a loved one. We will talk to you about whether or not we think we will be able to determine causation - that the surgeon's actions directly had a negative effect on yours or your loved one's health - and how successful we feel your surgical negligence claim is likely to be. We offer everyone a free initial enquiry, just call us on 0800 2888 693 or fill in an online enquiry here.
2. Keep within the deadline: there is a deadline of three years for medical negligence claims. Therefore this deadline is the same for surgical negligence claims. You must enter into the claims process within 3 years of the date of the incident.
3. Keep a record: ensure that a record is kept of both your psychological and physical injuries. It might be a good idea to take photographs of your injuries. Ensure that your medical records are up to date at all times. Also keep a record of any financial losses that have occurred as a direct result of the negligence - e.g. prescription costs, costs of physiotherapy, travel costs to and from the hospital, and so on. All of this information will substantiate your surgical negligence claim and will give you a better chance of success. It will also mean you are awarded the correct amount of compensation.
Help With How To Sue A Surgeon
Get in touch with one of our specialist surgical negligence team today if you are still confused about any part of the claiming process, you do not know whether you have grounds to make a claim, or you wish to begin your surgical negligence claim. For a free enquiry call 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or fill in an online enquiry.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was quite straighforward
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? I would think so
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? I can't think of anything
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 14 years of claims experience
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you