UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
How To Sue A Nurse
All medical professionals are legally bound to provide you with a service which is of an acceptable standard in the context of their peers. This applies doctors, surgeons, GPs and also to nurses. If you are considering suing a nurse, you will have a viable claim if it is ruled that a reasonable body of nurses would not have acted in the same way as the individual who treated you. In these circumstances you nurse will be found to have been negligent.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a nurse's negligence you have the legal right to be able to sue them for compensation. Once you have contemplated the consequences of suing your nurse, and made the decision to go ahead with your medical negligence claim, 1st Claims are here for you. So what are the steps that you need to take when you are suing a nurse?
1. Claim For Compensation Before The 3 Year Deadline
A medical negligence compensation claim must be entered into within three years of the date of the incident. So it is advisable to get in touch with a lawyer who specialises in nurse negligence claims as soon as you feel well enough to. If you are unable to make a claim yourself, it is possible for a relative to make a compensation claim against the negligent nurse on your behalf. If you do not contact a solicitor within this deadline you will be unable to make a claim.
2. Choose A Medical Negligence Lawyer
If you call 1st Claims you will be safe in the knowledge that we will put you in touch with the perfect solicitor for your claim. However you decide to contact a lawyer, make sure that they specialise in medical negligence claims. They will have the legal expertise that is needed to give you the best chance of winning your case in court. If you can, find yourself a solicitor who:-
- Has extensive experience of dealing with medical negligence claims made against nurses
- Is transparent about legal costs and offers a payment plan you are happy with
- You feel comfortable with - getting on well with your lawyer will make the claiming experience as easy as it can possibly be
3. Keep records
You must try your best to keep a record of your injuries as they progress. Everything which has occurred as a direct result of the nurse's negligence will serve to calculate the amount of financial compensation you receive. For the most accurate calculation to be made, a diary of your physical and psychological injuries will serve to substantiate the injury compensation aspect of your claim. A record of all your financial losses such as time off work and prescription costs will serve to substantiate the special damages aspect of your claim.
How To Sue A Nurse With 1st Claims
When you sue a nurse with 1st Claims we will guide you every step of the way. We completely understand that you may have questions about the medical negligence claiming process. For this reason we offer everyone a free initial consultation with one of our specialist team. Call us on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or fill in an online enquiry here.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, really easy
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, he liked the point about no win no fee
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was really easy to log, and had a call within the hour
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 14 years of claims experience
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you