UK Wide Car Accident Claim Coverage
We have specialist car accident claim solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
What Compensation Can I Expect For Shoulder Injury In A Car Accident?
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident and have sustained a shoulder injury as a result you may be considering making a claim for compensation. If the accident was caused through no fault of your own then it is likely that you will be able to pursue a successful claim against the third party driver. This article looks at how compensation for shoulder injuries is calculated and how long it may take to settle your claim for compensation for your shoulder injury.
Personal injury claims are split into two parts - general damages and special damages. Your claim for general damages is your claim for the actual injuries you have sustained and the pain and suffering you have endured, or continuing to ensure. When you instruct a solicitor to help you pursue your claim for compensation for your shoulder injury, your solicitor will arrange for you to attend an appointment with an independent medical expert who specialises in shoulder injuries. The medical expert will assess your injuries and prepare a report detailing the same and providing a medical prognosis for the future. The prognosis will set out how long the medical expert takes you to recover from your injuries and whether you will be left with any permanent symptoms in your damaged shoulder. Your solicitor will then look at previously settled cases where the Claimant sustained a similar shoulder injury to your own and had a similar medical prognosis. This is will give your solicitor an indication of how much your claim for a damaged shoulder may be worth, as will referring to reference material called the Judicial Studies Board Guidelines.
How Much Shoulder Injury Compensation?
Shoulder injury compensation awards fall into the following approximate amounts:
- £12,250 to £30,250 for sever shoulder injuries
- £8,100 to £12,250 for serious shoulder injuries
- £5,000 to £8,100 for moderately serious shoulder injuries
- Up to £5,100 for minor shoulder injuries where a full recovery takes place within two years.
Your other losses and expenses are called special damages and will include any out of pocket expenses you have incurred as result of the accident. This could include loss of earnings, loss of overtime, travelling expenses to medical appointments and the cost of prescriptions charges. Your special damages claim will be easier to value as you will have documentary evidence (such as receipts and invoices) to support the items you are claiming for.
When your solicitor has been able to assess the value of your claim he will disclose the medical report and Schedule of Special Damages to the third party's insurers and begin settlement negotiations. The amount of compensation you receive for your damaged shoulder, and the amount of time your claim will take to settle, will depend largely upon the extent of your injuries and how long your recovery is expected to take.
If you have sustained a damaged shoulder in a road traffic accident call 1stClaims today on 0800 2888 693 for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our expert solicitors.
Can We Help You
If you would like 1stClaims' expert Road Traffic Accident Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, definitely.
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was very helpful.
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by experts with 14 years of claims experience. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit