Professional Negligence Claims Service across Great Britain
We have specialist Accident Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help
We have specialist Professional Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain.
Accountant Professional Negligence
When you hire an accountant they take on a position of trust, whether they are dealing with your personal finances or the finances of your company, they are going to know you and your money inside out. If an accountant is negligent it can have catastrophic knock on effects for you in financial terms and sometimes in non-financial terms too. Therefore if you have been a victim of an accountant's negligence, 1st Claims wants to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Making A Professional Negligence Claim Against An Accountant
If you are planning on making a professional negligence claim against an accountant there are 3 things which are vital to illustrate to be successful.
1. You must be able to show that the accountant had a 'duty of care' towards you. A duty of care is a legal obligation to fulfil a certain role. It can be most easily shown in contractual format. A written contract will be the simplest piece of paperwork to call upon here but you can also prove the accountant's duty of care to you via a verbal contract or via other agreements which we made within correspondence which are not formatted in the style of a formal contract.
2. The duty of care must have been breached. This is the point at which a distinction between acceptable errors and professional negligence is made. It is not possible to make a successful professional negligence claim for any error. The error which has been made by your accountant needs to be able to be shown to be out of line with what can be expected by their profession. The way they have acted will be assessed in comparison to other accountants in the field. If other accountants would have acted differently and it would have prevented the loss which has occurred, your claim may be successful.
3. A significant loss will have to be shown to have been the direct result of your accountant's error. This loss will most likely be financial.
Should you believe your circumstances fit with the above three criteria and you require compensation for the professional failings of an accountant, you should contact a specialist professional negligence lawyer today. Your compensation amount will be calculated in terms of the damages that you incurred as a result of your experience. There is a 6 year deadline within which to make a professional negligence claim as this is the time limit placed on civil claims in the UK. To find out more about the claims process click here.
Accountant Professional Negligence Legal Advice
Every claim is different and our team will be able to talk you through every aspect of your potential claim, providing a highly individualised service. 1st Claims will ensure you feel comfortable with every stage of the legal process. Should you require us to, 1st Claims will then get you in touch with a solicitor who is perfect for you.
No enquiry obligates you to continue with your architect negligence claim or to continue your claim with us, so contact us today - you have nothing to lose.
Remember, it costs nothing to call us or complete an enquiry, and you will be advised of all of the funding options available to you. You can then decide whether to take any further action or to do nothing else, but at least you will fully understand your legal rights.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
If Yes, were they able to help? They are getting back to him next week
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was quite straightforward
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? Not at all
Why Choose 1stClaims
- We hand select only the best personal injury claim and medical negligence solicitors to help you.
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- 1stClaims are experts with 14 years of claims experience