Personal Injury Claim Coverage across Great Britain
We have specialist Personal Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Personal Injury Claim Solicitors waiting to help you across Great Britain.
Slipping And Tripping Accident Claims
Whether you trip or slip on the street or at work claim, the results can be embarrassing, painful and debilitating.
Injuries can range from serious wrist fractures as the victim tries to break their fall to spinal trauma or brain injury. The type of injury received can depend on a variety of factors and each case needs to be taken on its own merits.
What types of slip and trip claims can we help you with?
Wherever you are when it happens, if you have slipped on or tripped over on an item which should not have been there, more likely than not it would not have happened if the person responsible had taken proper precautions.
1stClaims solicitors have many years experience of dealing with slip and trip claims, including:
- Slips in supermarkets. From slipping on grapes in the fruit and vegetable section to slipping on spillages in the aisles, we have handled many claims. Whilst procedures should be put in place to ensure these types of accident do not happen, in our experience unfortunately they hapeen far too frequently.
- Tripping over uneven pavements. Each local authority must ensure that pavements are maintained so as to avoid accidents. Unfortunately with budgets often cut they can sometimes fail to keep their repair programmes up to date. If they defect that you trip over has been there for some time and no action has been taken, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
- Tripping over office paperwork or cabling. Whilst most employers take great care of their employees, sometimes a poorly maintained office can lead to employees tripping over discarded piles of paperwork or untidy cabling. If the office has a history of being untidy, the employer, who has a duty to protect their employees, can be held responsible for any injuries sustained.
What to do
If you are hurt in a slip and fall accident, there are several things you should do to protect your rights and help make sure you can recover what you are entitled to receive under the law. They include making written notes on the accident; getting the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses and save any evidence such as whatever caused the fall. A good way to record this is to take detailed photographs of the scene at the time. Try and include a newspaper to scale and date the accident.
Report the accident to employees of the business, but do not feel pressured to say anything or give a statement before talking to your lawyer. You are not legally obliged to give a statement to a shop employee or anyone connected to the business. At the end of the day, you do not want to find that you have said something that might damage your case; the advice of a lawyer is invaluable in these situations.
While there are many factors that make falls more likely such as adverse weather conditions, it does not remove the burden of responsibility on the property owner if the property is used by members of the public or employees.
How We Help You
- We hand select only the best cycling accident claims solicitors to help you.
- All initial enquiries are completely free of charge
- You may be able to make a claim under a No Win No Fee Agreement (You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.)
Can 1stClaims Help You?
If you would like 1stClaims’ expert Personal Injury Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes it was
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, not at all
Why Choose 1stClaims?
- We hand select only the best care home fee solicitors to help you.
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries.
- Expertise in helping other people to receive free care home fees.