Personal Injury Claims

Making a Personal Injury Claim

Whatever the nature of your personal injury claim, from car accidents to work accidents, holiday accidents to defective products or assault, you need specialist and urgent assistance. After all, you have suffered enough already.

Suffering an accident that results in an injury that wasn’t your fault can be a very traumatic experience. It can turn your life upside down, as all of a sudden you are forced to worry about your financial situation, especially if you are injured to such an extent that you are unable to work.

That is why at 1stClaims we focus on making your life as easy as possible from this moment forward. We are personal accident specialists and have helped thousands of people in the UK to successfully claim compensation for their accident claim.

We Can Help You With:

What is Personal Injury?

The law defines a personal injury as being an injury that occurs on the road, at work, as a result of being supplied with faulty goods, or as a result of medical negligence. A personal injury can occur at home or elsewhere where someone else is to blame. A personal injury can be physical or psychological; the law covers you for both examples.

What Do I Need to Do Following A Personal Injury

There are a number of processes to go through in order to make a successful personal injury claim, depending on the type of accident and who was responsible. The first thing to do in the former instance is to report it to a relevant authority as soon as possible.

For example, if your injury came about as a result of a criminal act, notify the police. Or if your injury was sustained at work report it to your employer straight away and record in an accident book.

If your accident was a road accident, contact your insurance company to register an accident as well as the police at the time of the accident. This will help in the case of whiplash claims if you need to make one later. In the case of a physical injury such as whiplash, it is important to consult a doctor at the first opportunity in order to get a professional opinion as regards your injury and to have a medical record of the occurrence. This can be especially helpful should the problem worsen over time.

If your injury was a result of a slip or a fall you must have had to seek medical attention in order to bring about a successful case. If your accident occurred in a public space the local council will be legally responsible. As part of their duty to the public they will have a public liability insurance policy to cover any responsibility toward the community.

Even though your injury may only be a minor injury, depending on the circumstances, you may still be able to claim a substantial amount of money as compensation. It is always advisable to record the accident with an accountable authority figure as soon as possible.

It is also important to remember that, in order for damages to be sought, an injury need not be physical. Any case that involves emotional distress can also entitle you to compensation. Cases of abuse at work whether mental or physical, are taken extremely seriously by the courts and will be treated with the sensitivity that such instances deserve.

For all of the above instances, it is advisable to find an experienced personal injury solicitor or claims company who will be able to advise you further. Most personal injury solicitors should be able to tell you at your first meeting whether you should follow a claim through.

Who Do I Sue?

If you have been the victim of somebody else's negligence, you may be considering suing for negligence compensation for your injuries or loss. This can be a daunting prospect as you contemplate who exactly you need to sue for the injury or loss you have sustained.

Negligence occurs where somebody acts, or fails to act, in a way that leads to another person being injured or suffering a loss. The person that has been injured or has suffered a loss - if they are able to successfully prove that the other person has been negligent - may then choose to sue for damages for compensation for their injury or loss. This can arise in a number of different scenarios.

When trying to identify who to sue for damages you need to establish the person or people that have carried out the act or omission which has caused your injury or loss. For example, making a claim against the driver who caused your accident or against the medical professional (or their employer) who caused your injury or illness.

It is important to ensure that the person you are suing actually has the financial means to pay any damages awarded to you. If you think you have been the victim of negligence and would like advice on who to sue and how to go about suing somebody you should contact an expert negligence solicitor who will usually offer you an initial, free, no-obligation consultation.

Why Choose 1stClaims

1stClaims will put you in touch with a solicitor that has the kind of extensive experience of handling accident injury claims that will allow them to understand the considerable impact that an accident can have on a person’s life.

It may surprise you to know that many firms of solicitors use junior, often non-qualified staff to handle your claim. For the ultimate peace of mind, all 1stClaims personal injury claims lawyers are:

  • Members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) – an organisation dedicated to improving the service provided to victims of accidents
  • Members of the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel - To obtain membership of this panel solicitors must show a high level of expertise in personal injury cases, including having practised as a solicitor for at least three years; helped the victims of a large number of personal injury claims; and at least 10 of these cases have reached the stages of a hearing date being set, with at least two involving disputes on the question of liability (i.e. who was to blame for the accident).

Our solicitors will ensure that treatment is arranged and that the right amount of compensation is received. They will make the whole process as straightforward as they can, so that you can concentrate on recovering from your injury.

How Much Will It Cost To Claim?

Our advice is completely free of charge for you. Once we have taken a few details from you, we will advise you whether you can make a personal accident claim, how you can make a claim, how much compensation you are likely to be able to claim and will explain your legal rights to you. Once you have all of this information available to you, you will be in a much better position to decide whether you want to pursue an accident claim or not.

Let Us Help You

For immediate assistance from one of our specialist personal accident claims solicitors please call us now on 0800 2888 693 or complete our online Accidents Claim Enquiry and we will be in touch with you very soon.

We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.

GB Wide Personal Injury Claims Service

We have specialist Personal Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland & Wales waiting to help you now.

Make a claim now or you can speak to us on 0800 2888 693

Information on how we handle your data is in our Privacy Policy

1stClaims is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activities. Firm Reference Number FRN833930.

1stClaims are a Claims Management Company. Our Marketing is undertaken in a manner that is compliant with the SRA Code of Conduct for Solicitors, RELs and RFLs 2019 Parts 8.6 - 8.11, Client information and publicity, and any solicitor [or registered European lawyer] to whom we may refer you is an independent professional from whom you will receive impartial and confidential advice. You are free to choose another solicitor [or registered European lawyer].

1stClaims Limited - Registered in England and Wales - Reg. Co. No. 06566866. Registered Office Address: Tregyddulan, St Nicholas, Goodwick, Pembrokeshire, SA64 0LX

VAT Reg. No. 938 1976 76 - Information Commissioner’s Office Registration Number Z1477170