UK Wide Coverage

We have specialist Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.

UK Coverage
Free, No Obligation Enquiries
Slide 1

Make a free enquiry today to receive complete peace of mind.

UK Legal Specialists
Slide 8

We have specialist Solicitors ready and waiting to help you across the UK.

Not Sure What To Do?
Slide 10

Simply call us free or complete the quick enquiry on the right and let us explain your legal rights and your options (at no cost to you and no obligation).

Who Do I Sue

Injured In An Accident? Find Out Who You Need To Sue For Accident Compensation

If you have been the victim of somebody else's negligence and have suffered an injury or loss as a result you may be considering suing for negligence compensation for your injuries or loss. This can be a daunting prospect, especially if you have not been down this avenue before, as you contemplate who exactly you need to sue for the injury or loss you have sustained and what steps you need to take in order to try and obtain compensation. This article looks at common reasons people sue for compensation, how to identify who you need to sue (and whether it is worth suing them) and what initial steps you need to take in order to sue somebody.

Negligence occurs where somebody acts, or fails to act, in a way that leads to another person being injured or suffering a loss. The person that has been injured or has suffered a loss - if they are able to successfully prove that the other person has been negligent - may then choose to sue for damages for compensation for their injury or loss. This can arise in a number of different scenarios. For example, if you have been the victim of a road traffic accident which was caused by somebody else's negligent driving you may be able to sue them for damages for compensation. Similarly, if you have been subjected to medical negligence - for example you have sustained an injury or illness due to a negligent act or omission on the part of the medical professional treating you - you may wish to sue the treating professional for damages.

When trying to identify who to sue for damages you need to establish the person or people that have carried out the act or omission which has caused your injury or loss. For example, in the two examples above you would need to make a claim against the driver who caused your accident and the medical professional (or their employer) who caused your injury or illness.

It is important to ensure that the person you are suing actually has the financial means to pay any damages awarded to you. Again, in the two examples being used above should not be a problem as drivers and medical professional should have a policy of insurance in place to help protect help in cases such as these. If the person you are going to sue does not have insurance you should carry out some investigations into their financial state to see whether they have the money or assets to pay out any damages that are awarded to you.

If you think you have been the victim of negligence and would like advice on who to sue and how to go about suing somebody you should contact an expert negligence solicitor who will usually offer you an initial, free, no-obligation consultation.

Let Us Help You Now

If you would like 1stClaims' expert Personal Injury Solicitors on your side please call us free 1stClaims personal injury specialist solicitors or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.

Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.

We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.


What Happens Next?

Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:

  1. Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
  2. Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
  3. Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
  4. An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).

All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.

Call free now on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or make a Quick Claim Enquiry »

Live Feedback

Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
If Yes, were they able to help? They are going to arrange a visit
Was our website easy to use? Very easy, that's why he chose us
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, it would be his first recommendation
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? Not at all, it was very helpful and easy

Why Choose 1stClaims?

  • We hand select only the best care home fee solicitors to help you.
  • Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries.
  • Expertise in helping other people to receive free care home fees.

1stClaims is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activities. Firm Reference Number FRN833930.

“1stClaims are a Claims Management Company. Our Marketing is undertaken in a manner that is compliant with the SRA Code of Conduct for Solicitors, RELs and RFLs 2019 Parts 8.6 - 8.11, Client information and publicity, and any solicitor [or registered European lawyer] to whom we may refer you is an independent professional from whom you will receive impartial and confidential advice. You are free to choose another solicitor [or registered European lawyer]"

1stClaims Limited - Registered in England and Wales - Reg. Co. No. 06566866. Registered Office Address: Tregyddulan, St Nicholas, Goodwick, Pembrokeshire, SA64 0LX

VAT Reg. No. 938 1976 76 - Information Commissioner's Office Registration Number Z1477170

hide menu