UK Wide Coverage
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
Leather Sofas Cause Personal Injury Including Rashes and Burns
You may have heard on the news recently that there have been a number of injuries sustained by sitting on new leather sofas, often made in China. These have been purchased from a variety of furniture stores including Argos. If you have suffered an allergic reaction to a leather sofa, you can make a free claim enquiry with 1stClaims to see if you are entitled to treatment and compensation. Call us free on 0800 2888 693.
What Causes The Rash Or Burn From The Sofa?
It is believed that a chemical used in the sachets placed inside the sofas to prevent mould is causing the allergic reaction which can be very painful. Di-methyl Fumarate (DMF) is the chemical thought to be the root of the problem.
The first cases of injury were reported on the BBC Watchdog programme in October 2007, but what is disappointing is that people are still suffering now nearly two years later. It is the failure to remove these sofas from circulation that leads to a claim for compensation. All of the retailers were made aware of the potential problem when the first cases were reported and in our view should have stopped selling them at that time.
Have You Suffered A Rash Or Burn?
If you or your child has suffered an injury following the purchase of a new settee, you need prompt action to investigate your injury and the cause of it. Our solicitors are trained to investigate the claim for you and all enquiries with 1stClaims are free of charge. The solicitor will also recover the costs of any treatment for you and any losses and expenses, such as loss of earnings.
Why Choose Us For Your Leather Sofa Injury Claim?
- We hand select only the best accident claim solicitors to help you
- All initial enquiries are completely free of charge
- You may be able to make a claim under a No Win No Fee Agreement (You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.)
- At the conclusion of every claim we ask our clients to complete a questionnaire to ensure our solicitors standards remain high.
Let Us Help You
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5, definitely
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was a very helpful service
Why Choose 1stClaims?
- We hand select only the best care home fee solicitors to help you.
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries.
- Expertise in helping other people to receive free care home fees.