UK Wide Medical Negligence Claims Service
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready and waiting to help you across the UK.
Should I Make A Medical Negligence Claim?
If you have reached this page you are considering whether or not you should claim medical negligence. The answer to this question will be completely dependent on your personal situation in every case.
"I Am Concerned About Costs, Should I Claim?"
You may be hesitant to make a claim as you are concerned about costs. To ensure that you are fully happy about the cost implication of your claim prior to committing to a claim you should contact a 1st Claims lawyer to find out what they can do for you. Depending on the situation you will not necessarily have to pay your legal fees – you may qualify for legal aid or be able to make the claim with a pro bono lawyer. You may find that in circumstances of a successful claim legal costs will be covered by the medical institution or medical professional's insurance. Do your research and only commit to claiming if you are completely happy with the agreement you have with your lawyer regarding fees.
"I Am Concerned That The Medical Professional will Lose Their Job, Should I Claim"
Another concern making you question whether you should sue is whether it will affect the sued party's career. If you have been a victim of negligence this should take a back seat in your considerations for two reasons:-
- If you make a medical negligence claim this will not mean the doctor, nurse, or surgeon will necessarily lose their job in most instances. This is because if you are the only person who has experienced negligence on their part, this will be seen as a one-off.
- If the doctor, nurse or surgeon that you are suing is consistently involved in medical negligence claims they will be struck off. This will be a positive consequence of your claim as it will ensure the safety of any future patients who would have been unsafe under this individuals care. The quality of the care provided on the NHS and by private medical services must be high – it is a risk to peoples lives for it not to be.
"What Will I Gain If I Claim?"
You should make a medical negligence claim for the compensation you deserve. No one should have to be the victim of negligence. If you are successful in the medical negligence claim you make you will receive a compensation figure which will cover everything which has occurred as a direct result of the negligence. You will receive an amount for your injuries and an amount for any financial losses which have occurred.
Contact 1st Claims
If you are still unsure about whether you should make a medical negligence claim, give one of our team a call so they can talk you through your options. We completely understand that deciding whether you should sue is a big decision and this is why we offer you our free consultation service. For a free medical negligence consultation call us on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or fill in an online enquiry form and we will call you back.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, really easy
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, he liked the point about no win no fee
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was really easy to log, and had a call within the hour
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you