Medical Negligence Claims Service covering Great Britain
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain
If you have reached the often difficult decision to undergo a vasectomy operation, the last thing you want or expect is to discover some months later that vasectomy operation has been a failure. If this has happened, you will be wanting some answers. Why has it failed? Our guide is designed to give you some more information so that you can consider your options.
How Does A Failed Vasectomy Happen?
Unfortunately a vasectomy failure can happen more than you would expect. It usually takes at least four months for traces of semen to disappear from an ejaculation. After the operation your surgeon should explain these risks, and warn you against unprotected sex until your tests are clear. Failure to do this can result in a medical negligence claim.
Another potential cause of a failed vasectomy is that the vas deferens tubes that carry the semen may naturally rejoin. If this happens, another operation will be required to prevent them from rejoining again. Even so, a second operation carries an increased risk of failure.
Can You Make A Vasectomy Failure Compensation Claim?
This will very much depend on your individual circumstances. On occasions the surgeon can cut the wrong item, cutting a ligament instead of the vas deferens tubes. Or he can fail to advise you to only attempt protected sexual intercourse. Our expert solicitors will ask you all of the relevant questions to discover whether you do have a valid claim. They will then be able to advise you of your options so that you can then decide whether you wish to take any further action. Often they can help you under a conditional fee agreement with no costs payable by you if you lose your claim.
What Compensation Are You Likely To Receive For A Vasectomy Failure?
The law now states that for an unwanted pregnancy the award should be as follows:
- £15,000 for the infringement of the right to limit your family size
- £5,000 for the pain and suffering of the birth
- Compensation for loss of earnings during maternity leave
- The additional costs of new prams etc
Do You Need Help With A Failed Vasectomy?
We understand that if you are on our website you may well be confused about the failed sterilisation treatment you have received and confused about your options. This is why we offer you a free, no obligation discussion with one of our medical negligence solicitors. Simply call us on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete our Medical Negligence enquiry form to be advised of your options.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, very straightforward
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was really quick and easy
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you