Medical Negligence Claims Service covering Great Britain
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain
Prostate Cancer Misdiagnosis
What Is Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in men. In most men it is slow growing, but some men can unfortunately develop a particularly aggressive strain of prostate cancer. Most men with prostate cancer will experience no symptoms; however when symptoms are present, these are a few that you should look out for:
- Problems passing urine
- A pain in the bones, which was not previously present, such as pain in the pelvic bone and leg bones.
However, these symptoms may be due to different difficulties such as arthiritis and are often mild or intermittent.
Worried About Prostate Cancer?
There is no formal screening process for prostate cancer in the UK. This is for a number of reasons: -
- Early diagnosis of prostate cancer is not thought to be overtly beneficial. Prostate cancer is relatively well treatable at any stage, unless it has progressed beyond the prostate itself.
- False positives are common in prostate screening tests and can lead to unnecessary painful and invasive procedures being carried out on men who do not need to go through them.
However, if you are concerned about prostate cancer, tests are available on the NHS.
Treatment For Prostate Cancer
Fundamentally, treatment depends on the progression of your cancer.
Localised: This means the cancer is contained within the prostate itself. In this situation the prostate may be removed and the sufferer may undergo a course of radiotherapy. However, equally likely is that you may decide to merely have your cancer monitored. This will avoid any nasty side effects of treatment and as prostate cancer is so slowly developing it may transpire that it does not progress to cause you further problems.
Locally Advanced: In this situation treatment aims to control the cancer rather than completely remove it. Treatment processes will depend on the progression of the cancer. Again, the prostate may be removed and the sufferer may undergo a course of radiotherapy.
Advanced: This form of prostate cancer is not curable; treatments that one receives for this stage of the cancer are to alleviate suffering and to lengthen life, rather than to cure. Commonly prostate cancer progresses to the bones or to the lymph nodes. Chemotherapy may be used to control growth. Other treatments will potentially be used in unison.
Each patient is different and a course of action will be discussed with your doctor in depth.
Prostate Cancer Claims
If you are concerned that your prostate cancer was misdiagnosed, or there was a delay in your diagnosis, contact us at 1stClaims to find out if you can claim.
1stClaims does not charge you for using our service and all initial enquiries with our Solicitors are also free of charge, so rest assured, this initial step of making an enquiry will not cost you anything.
Once one of our Solicitors has assessed the merits of your enquiry they will make a judgement on the likely chances of bringing a successful claim and if the prospects are good, they will normally offer to take your case on a No Win No Fee basis. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.
Contact Us Today
Please contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion about your legal rights. Call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete an Online Enquiry enquiry to be advised of your options.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
Remember, all initial enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, very straightforward
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was really quick and easy
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you