Medical Negligence Claims Service covering Great Britain
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain
Misdiagnosis of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
What Is Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma?
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is a cancer affecting the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is part of the body’s infection defence systems and is made up of lymph nodes, the spleen, bone marrow and the tonsils. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma differs from Hodgkin Lymphoma in two potential ways:
- Different proteins are present within the cells in each disorder
- Different cells are present; specifically the Reed-Sternberg cell is present in most cases of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
The difference between the Lymphomas is only viewable beneath a microscope, and it is a small but incredibly important difference. The treatments for non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Hodgkin Lymphoma are extremely different.
In the lymphatic system, there are two types of cells which occur: B-cells and T-cells. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma can affect both types of cell and will differ slightly depending on which type of cell it is affecting. B-cell Lymphoma is more commonly occurring than T-cell. There are many different types of lymphoma with the most widely used and accepted system breaking the strains down into 20 different types.
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Risk Factors
The risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma may be increased by:-
- Weak immune system: This may be caused by disorders decreasing immune efficiency such as HIV.
- Previous cancer treatment: There is a risk here; however it is a small one.
- Infection: Exposure to some viruses may increase the rise of lymphoma developing, particularly the glandular fever virus and some bacterial infections of the stomach.
- Coeliac Disease: This is an allergy to guten
You are not more likely to develop non-Hodkin lymphoma if someone else in your family is suffering from it or has suffered from it in the past. The only genetic risk factor is between identical twins. If one half of a pair of identical twins has developed this strain of lymphoma the other twin has a slightly increased risk of also developing this type of cancer.
A definite diagnosis of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is made by biopsy: removing a lymph node and examining the cells within under a microscope.
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Negligence Claims
If you feel the diagnosis and/or treatment of your lymphoma, or a loved one’s lymphoma was hindered by a misgiagnosis or delayed diagnosis made by a medical professional, we may be able to help you. Also, if you have received treatment for non-Hodgkin lymphoma when you were suffering from Hodgkin’s lymphoma, or vice versa, you will have a basis for a claim.
1stClaims does not charge you for using our service and all initial enquiries with our Solicitors are also free of charge, so rest assured, this initial step of making an enquiry will not cost you anything.
Once one of our Solicitors has assessed the merits of your enquiry they will make a judgement on the likely chances of bringing a successful claim and if the prospects are good, they will normally offer to take your case on a No Win No Fee basis. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.
Contact Us Today
Please contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion about your legal rights. Call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete an Online Enquiry enquiry to be advised of your options.
Find out more about claiming for cancer misdiagnosis.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, absolutely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5, definitely
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, the service was brilliant
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you