UK Wide Medical Negligence Claims Service
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready and waiting to help you across the UK.
Lung Cancer Misdiagnosis
What Is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most well publicised forms of cancer. Common symptoms of lung cancer are as follows:
- A long lasting cough, which is almost always present
- A change in a cough you have had for a long time
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing up phlegm (sputum) containing blood
- Breathing or coughing becomes painful
- Appetite loss
- Weight loss
- A lasting chest infection which is not cured by antibiotics
In 83 per cent of individuals diagnosed with lung cancer, the cause is smoking. Therefore, smoking is a high risk factor for lung cancer. The length of time you have been smoking is of highest importance when assessing the risk you are at of developing cancer, secondly, the amount you smoke is an affecting factor. Thirdly, pipe and cigar smokers are at higher risk than cigarette smokers. However long you have been a smoker: giving up smoking is highly advised.
Diagnosis of lung cancer will begin with x-rays to detect any abnormalities within your lungs; you will then have any or all of the following tests: CT scan, PET-CT scan, biopsy or bronchoscopy. Once your cancer is diagnosed and the origin of your lung cancer is ascertained, relevant treatment processes will begin.
Treatment of lung cancer will depend on whether it is a primary or secondary cancer. Choice of cancer treatment will depend on where the cancer originated from, so if your lung cancer is secondary, it will be treated in line with your primary cancer.
Lung Cancer Medical Negligence Claims
Lung cancer negligence claims may be due to misdiagnosis, delayed diagnoses or an experience with delayed treatment or inadequate tests/treatment. As lung cancer is such a well known and common form or cancer, we here at 1st Claims believe that this means you are rightly able to question your doctor’s handling of yourself or a loved one. Should you feel that your lung cancer was not correctly dealt with in a situation in which you believe most other medical professionals would have been able to diagnose and treat you to lessen your pain, stress, and lengthen your time with your family, contact 1st Claims today.
Costs Of A Medical Negligence Claim Enquiry
If you have had your lung cancer misdiagnosed, get in touch today. All initial enquiries are completely free of charge and in most cases we can act for you on a No Win No Fee Medical Negligenge basis.
Contact Us Today
Please contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion about your legal rights. Call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete an Online Enquiry enquiry to be advised of your options.
Go back to find out more about claiming for cancer misdiagnosis.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was fine
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was fine
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you