Medical Negligence Claims Service covering Great Britain
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain
Bone Cancer Misdiagnosis
What Is Bone Cancer?
Bone Cancer is a particularly rare form of cancer with just 1/500 cancer cases being that of bone cancer. However, it most commonly affects the young; hence a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose can be utterly devastating. Osteosarcoma has a tendancy to present itself in children and young adults, and Ewing's sarcoma is most common between the ages of 10 and 20.
There are a number of different types of bone cancer:
- Myeloma cancer: cancer effects the bone marrow and often leads to a fealing of pain in the bones and weakening of the bones meaning that there can be fractures
- Chondrosarcoma: a tumour will form from the cells that should be cartilage producers
- Ewing's sarcoma: a cancer affecting the pelvis, thigh or shin
- Osteosarcoma: this is the most commonly occurring bone cancer and it generally will affect the large bones of the leg or upper arm.
- Spindle cell sarcoma: spindle cells are unique and only occur in cancerous tumours. They arise from abnormal mitosis (cell-division).
When May Bone Cancer Occur?
- As a secondary tumour: Many primary cancers can spread to into organs, commonly: breast, prostate, lung, thyroid and kidney.
- As a result of a disease: due to Paget’s Disease and Chondroma. Also genetic conditions such as HME, congenital umbilical hernia and Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- As a result of previous chemotherapy or radiotherapy: If a child has received chemotherapy or radiotherapy at a young age it has the potential to increase the risk of bone cancer, specifically there is a heightened likelihood of Osteosarcoma developing.
Treatment Of Primary Bone Cancer
If caught in the early stages 2/3 of bone cancer suffers survive. However, if the cancer is caught late, or is a progressive stage of a primary cancer in a different area of the body, the survival rates are much lower.
Therefore, quick treatment and diagnosis is key to effective treatment of bone cancer. If you feel that you or a loved one has experienced any of the following, you should contact us today:
- Lack of appropriate testing: MRi, x-ray or biopsy
- Failure to diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis
Bone Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims
If you or a family member has suffered from bone cancer and you feel that it was not dealt with appropriately by the hospital or GP dealing with it, you may be able to make a medical negligence claim.
1stClaims does not charge you for using our service and all initial enquiries with our Solicitors are also free of charge, so rest assured, this initial step of making an enquiry will not cost you anything.
Once one of our Solicitors has assessed the merits of your enquiry they will make a judgement on the likely chances of bringing a successful claim and if the prospects are good, they will normally offer to take your case on a No Win No Fee basis. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.
Contact Us Today
Please contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion about your legal rights. Call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete an Online Enquiry enquiry to be advised of your options.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5, definitely
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was a very helpful service
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you