UK Wide Medical Negligence Claims Service
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready and waiting to help you across the UK.
Bone Cancer Misdiagnosis
What Is Bone Cancer?
Bone Cancer is a particularly rare form of cancer with just 1/500 cancer cases being that of bone cancer. However, it most commonly affects the young; hence a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose can be utterly devastating. Osteosarcoma has a tendancy to present itself in children and young adults, and Ewing's sarcoma is most common between the ages of 10 and 20.
There are a number of different types of bone cancer:
- Myeloma cancer: cancer effects the bone marrow and often leads to a fealing of pain in the bones and weakening of the bones meaning that there can be fractures
- Chondrosarcoma: a tumour will form from the cells that should be cartilage producers
- Ewing's sarcoma: a cancer affecting the pelvis, thigh or shin
- Osteosarcoma: this is the most commonly occurring bone cancer and it generally will affect the large bones of the leg or upper arm.
- Spindle cell sarcoma: spindle cells are unique and only occur in cancerous tumours. They arise from abnormal mitosis (cell-division).
When May Bone Cancer Occur?
- As a secondary tumour: Many primary cancers can spread to into organs, commonly: breast, prostate, lung, thyroid and kidney.
- As a result of a disease: due to Paget’s Disease and Chondroma. Also genetic conditions such as HME, congenital umbilical hernia and Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- As a result of previous chemotherapy or radiotherapy: If a child has received chemotherapy or radiotherapy at a young age it has the potential to increase the risk of bone cancer, specifically there is a heightened likelihood of Osteosarcoma developing.
Treatment Of Primary Bone Cancer
If caught in the early stages 2/3 of bone cancer suffers survive. However, if the cancer is caught late, or is a progressive stage of a primary cancer in a different area of the body, the survival rates are much lower.
Therefore, quick treatment and diagnosis is key to effective treatment of bone cancer. If you feel that you or a loved one has experienced any of the following, you should contact us today:
- Lack of appropriate testing: MRi, x-ray or biopsy
- Failure to diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis
Bone Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims
If you or a family member has suffered from bone cancer and you feel that it was not dealt with appropriately by the hospital or GP dealing with it, you may be able to make a medical negligence claim.
Our medical negligence no win no fee service allows you to find out your legal rights and to discover whether you can make a claim for bone cancer misdiagnosis compensation without having to pay the usual substantial legal fees.
Go back to find out more about cancer misdiagnosis claims cases.
Contact Us Today
Please contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion about your legal rights. Call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete an Online Enquiry enquiry to be advised of your options.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, very
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Definitely, 100 per cent
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was excellent, thanks very much
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you