UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
C Difficile Claims
C Difficile Compensation Claims
Recently there has been a vast increase in the prevalence of hospital acquired infections or 'super bugs'. If you or a member of your family have suffered you will understand the stress and anxiety that they cause.
One of the most recent and deadly of these is C Difficile. If you or a member of your family contract C Diff whilst receiving treatment at a hospital, this could lead to a hospital negligence claim.
What Is C Diff?
"Clostridium Difficile", known as "C Difficile" or "C Diff" is a new strain of hospital super bug. It came to public attention in 2003 after 41 pensioners were killed by the bug in Stoke Mandeville Hospital, which was later discovered to have been unhygienic and was seen as being directly responsible for the outbreak.
"C Diff" is a naturally occurring bacterium found in the gut often in bowels of young babies, which will multiply when the natural balance of bacteria is altered, usually after a course of antibiotics. Of course many patients in hospitals are treated with antibiotics and so are particularly vulnerable to the bug, as are the elderly and people recovering from surgery.
What Are The Symptoms of C Diff?
Mild diarrhoea is the initial symptom, which may pass in a couple of days. However it may lead to more dangerous diseases, severe dehydration and even death.
The bug is so dangerous because it has become immune to the effects of antibiotics and is able to survive outside the body for up to 70 days. Very often it lives on dirty floors and around toilets. It is even said to be resistant to some cleaning products.
Statistics from the Health Protection Agency show that in 2005, 51, 690 cases were recorded among patients aged 65 and over. 13,000 cases were also recorded among the young. It is thought that patients being shifted from ward to ward because of the shortage of hospital beds and unsanitary hospital facilities are responsible for the prevalence of the bug.
Can You Make a C Difficile Compensation Claim?
If C Difficile has affected you or your family you need to consider the following factors to determine whether you might be able to make a claim for compensation:
- Was the hospital clean and hygienic whilst you or a family member was a patient there?
- Was there any evidence of steam cleaning at the hospital -thought to be the most effective way of killing CD
- Did doctors and nurses wear disposable gloves and aprons, discarded after treating each patient?
- Were any patients showing symptoms isolated to prevent further spread of the bug?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, you could be eligible to compensation for medical negligence as a result of the hospital not fulfilling its responsibility to you and your family's health.
Of course this is an extremely complex issue. However, the highly qualified 1st Claims specialist solicitors are on hand to guide you through the legal process and ensure that you are duly compensated if you have been the victim of negligence.
Would You Like An Explanation Of Your Options?
We understand that if you are on our website you may well be confused: confused about the treatment you have received (or lack of it) and confused about your options.
This is why we offer you a free, no obligation discussion with one of our medical negligence solicitors. Simply call us on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete our
C Diff Medical Negligence enquiry form to be advised of your options including all funding choices available to you. The initial opinion is completely free of charge.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yery
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? She already has
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was brilliant, wouldn't hesitate to use us again
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you