Medical Negligence Claims Service covering Great Britain
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland and Wales waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across Great Britain
HELLP Syndrome Claims
What Is HELLP Syndrome?
HELLP Syndrome is linked to pre-eclampsia and occurs during the end stages of pregnancy - from week twenty onwards, or sometimes just after birth. Pre-eclampsia is a condition which presents symptoms of hypertension, fluid retention and high protein levels in the urine. If left untreated HELLP Syndrome can occur as a complication of this condition.
HELLP stands for the symptoms of the disorder:
- H for haemolytic anaemia: This is the breakdown of the red blood cells.
- EL for elevated liver enzymes: Heightened numbers of liver enzymes can be a symptom of liver damage.
- LP for low platelets: Low levels of platelets will mean your blood is less able to clot.
Antenatal appointments should lead to the diagnosis of pre-eclampsia before it leads to more serious conditions such as HELLP syndrome or eclampsia. However, the only treatment to alleviate pre-eclampsia is to induce labour. This may be dangerous for the baby if they are extremely premature, but equally leaving the disorder until later term may also harm the baby or mother.
If your doctor failed to diagnose pre-eclampsia in you and this led to HELLP syndrome, you may be able to make a medical negligence claim. You may also be able to make a claim should you have suffered from HELLP and incorrect treatment or diagnosis led to unnecessary trauma or pain for you or your baby.
Contact us today if you are unsure as to whether you could qualify to make a claim; we have a number of trained professionals on hand to give you free and impartial advice. You can also find out more about claiming for Birth related injuries.
1stClaims does not charge you for using our service and all initial enquiries with our Solicitors are also free of charge, so rest assured, this initial step of making an enquiry will not cost you anything.
Once one of our Solicitors has assessed the merits of your enquiry they will make a judgement on the likely chances of bringing a successful claim and if the prospects are good, they will normally offer to take your case on a No Win No Fee basis. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.
If you would like a 1stClaims expert HELLP Syndrome Solicitor on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete our Free HELLP Syndrome Negligence Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, all initial enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Was our website easy to use? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Absolutely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 4
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, I just don't like giving top marks
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you