UK Wide Medical Negligence Claims Service
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors ready to help you across the UK
Mother Receives A Substantial Settlement After The Death Of Her Baby
A woman who was accused of being a "malingerer" during an inquest into her baby's death has been awarded hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation.
In 2002, Kerry Jones from Crediton was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital when she was three weeks overdue with her daughter, Bron. She persistently asked staff for a Caesarean section to deliver the baby. Staff ignored her pleas and allowed her daughter to be born naturally.
During the birth the baby suffered a shortage of oxygen to the brain causing severe brain damage. The baby died shortly afterward when life support was withdrawn after it became clear that she would not recover.
At the inquest into Bron's death, Miss Jones was blamed for her death, with midwives claiming that Miss Jones' birth attendant undermined them.
In 2005, the hospital admitted liability for not carrying out Caesarean and yet pulled out of a settlement hearing. The case then proceeded to the High Court. Miss Jones' solicitor claimed that the case was "one of the worst cases of injustice" she had seen during a long career in clinical negligence.
Miss Jones had suffered severe psychological trauma following the death of her daughter, compounded by the blame that had been apportioned to her by the hospital.
If you would like 1stClaims' expert Medical Negligence Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, all initial enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was really easy
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you