UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
Breast Cancer Delayed Diagnosis
Breast cancer is one of the most commonly occurring cancers in the UK. It is also has one of the highest survival rates if it is caught and treated early. However, if it is diagnosed late and it is left to spread, life expectancy is shorter. If you have experienced a delay in breast cancer diagnosis which resulted from a doctor's failure to recognise the known symptoms of breast cancer and act accordingly, you may be able to make a medical negligence claim. A delay in breast cancer diagnosis can lead to more intense treatments, longer courses of radiotherapy and chemotherapy and increases the likelihood a mastectomy will be necessary. Furthermore, a delay in cancer diagnosis may decrease the sufferer's life expectancy. A delayed diagnosis is extremely upsetting for both the sufferer and the patient's family.
When Could A Delay In Breast Cancer Diagnosis Be Medical Negligence?
If you are thinking of making a delayed diagnosis claim for compensation for you physical or psychological suffering you are likely to have strong grounds for a successful claim if:
- Symptoms: you were presenting the common symptoms of breast cancer and your physician failed to recognise this. This type of claim would be successful if it was thought that most medical professionals would have made the diagnosis where your doctor failed to.
- Failure to refer: your GP failed to refer you to a specialist.
- Tests: If a medical professional did not refer you for the tests which were necessary to diagnose and treat your condition, did not follow up significant test results, or analysed test results incorrectly you may be able to claim.
If your delayed diagnosis is deemed to have left you victim to substandard medical care, you should be successful in your claim. We put our faith in our doctors to work to the best of their ability to help us recover when we are unwell; a doctor has failed to do their job efficiently if they have failed to diagnose a cancer as common as breast cancer within an acceptable timescale.
1stClaims does not charge you for using our service and all initial enquiries with our Solicitors are also free of charge, so rest assured, this initial step of making an enquiry will not cost you anything.
Once one of our Solicitors has assessed the merits of your enquiry they will make a judgement on the likely chances of bringing a successful claim and if the prospects are good, they will normally offer to take your case on a No Win No Fee basis. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.
Can We Help You?
Every delayed breast cancer diagnosis case is different . If you are unsure about whether you have a valid basis for a claim or are simply unsure as to whether you wish to claim at all, we will be more than happy to talk it through with you. Our medical negligence claims team is just a click or a phone call away. 1st Claims can help you get the compensation you deserve for the unnecessary pain and suffering the negligence of a third party has put you through.
If you would like 1stClaims' expert Medical Negligence Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, all initial enquiries are completely free of charge and the solicitor will investigate all funding options for you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
If Yes, were they able to help? Think so, she is waiting for an appointment
Was our website easy to use? Yes, really easy
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was really easy
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 12 years of claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you