UK Wide Cycling Accident Claim Coverage
We have specialist Cycling Accident Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
We have specialist Cycling Accident Claim Solicitors ready and waiting to help you across the UK.
1stClaims Legal Guide To Cycling Accidents
At 1st Claims we will do our utmost to ensure that, should an accident occur, your compensation claim is dealt with fairly, speedily and with specialist expertise. Read our guide to find out what action you should take immediately following a cycling accident to ensure your option to make a legal claim is protected if you need to make one.
What Should I Do Following An Accident With A Motor Vehicle?
- If the accident involves a motor vehicle, you should make sure you have the name, address, vehicle registration number and insurance details of the driver.
- See a doctor to ensure any injury is properly assessed so that treatment can be arranged if needed to speed your recovery.
- Take a photograph of any injuries sustained.
- Take names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses (this can be crucial if you subsequently decide to make a claim - even if you think this is unlikely at the time. This is because whilst many injuries may appear insignificant at the outset they can sadly deteriorate).
- Keep any damaged clothing - you may be entitled to compensation for these.
- Retain any receipts or medical bills - again, these may be valid for proof of compensation.
What To Do if Potholes or a Poor Road Surface Caused the Accident?
- Make sure you have photographic evidence of the scene of the accident.
- Take names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses if possible. Include a daily newspaper to date and scale the extent of the damage to the road surface.
- Ensure you take accurate notes of the exact location where the accident occurred.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
The amount of money you will receive will vary according to the seriousness of your injuries and the effect that these injuries may have on your quality of life, including potential loss of earnings (Although this would be dealt with as a separate claim) and:
- Emotional suffering.
- Damage to the bicycle in question.
- Damage to clothes or personal belongings.
- The cost of medical or physiotherapy bills.
We will work towards a realistic amount of compensation from the start of our relationship with you and ensure you understand exactly what your claim might be worth. We will not promise a larger sum as a settlement only to disappoint when the claim does go to court.
The courts set guidelines for the values of different injuries which take into account the degree of pain experienced, the length of time taken for injuries to heal etc.
Obviously, each case is unique, but our many years of experience in these matters gives us an immense knowledge of a variety of different claims, under many different circumstances, so we can guarantee to advise you with a great deal of expertise.
Let Us Help You
If you would like 1stClaims' expert Cycling Accident Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, perfect
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, couldn't fault it
Why Choose 1stClaims for Your Cycling Claim?
- We hand select only the best cycling accident solicitors to help you.
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor chosen by experts with 14 years claims experience