UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
PIP Implants Compensation
Have you had PIP breast implants? Let us help you to put things right.
Recent news has been plastered with the scandal of the Poly Implant Prosthese (PIP) breast implants. It was reported that many UK women were amongst the 50,000 owners of PIP implants worldwide. At the end of 2010 a dramatic recall was made for all PIP breast implants to the manufacturer with it being discovered that the implants had been made with an unapproved silicone gel intended for use in the manufacture of mattresses. A few weeks ago a final government report on the matter ruled that the implants were not carcinogenic or toxic but did admittedly have a rupture rate twice the amount of normal implants.
It is possible to get the implants removed on the NHS if your operation originally occurred on the NHS. However, if your operation was at a private practice you must contact the practice directly to get the implants removed. It is understood the replacement of the implants should be done for free.
Things to consider when thinking of having a breast implant removal operation:
- 1 in 5 breast implants have to be replaced within 10 years anyway.
- Any surgery has risks, and the risk of complications is thought to be heightened in further breast surgeries compared to the initial surgery.
- Leakage or rupture is usually obvious after an ultrasound scan and you may not wish to have implants removed that you have not had any issues with, any women with a ruptured implant or suspected rupture will be referred for removal surgery.
- There is no other evidence that the implants can cause other health issues beyond the risk of the heightened rupture rate. They are not toxic and will not cause cancer should they stay where they are.
Can You Make PIP Implants Claim?
Yes. If you have experienced physical pain or psychological damage because of your PIP implants, you can. PIP implants have caused a lot of women unnecessary pain and multiple operations.
We offer everyone a free initial discussion about their PIP Implants claim. If our solicitor is able to help you with your cosmetic surgery claim, we will normally be able to act for you under a medical negligence No Win No Fee agreement. (NOTE: If your case is successful your Solicitor will deduct up to a maximum of 25% of your final settlement or compensation award as payment for their fees. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here).
Contact Us Today
Please contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion about your legal rights. Call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630 720) or complete an Online Enquiry enquiry to be advised of your options. If you would like to make a claim relating to another form of breast augmentation negeligence, you can find out more here.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
If Yes, were they able to help? Yes, all in process
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was fine
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? I think so
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was very easy, was impressed with the site
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 14 years of claims experience
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you