UK Wide Child Accident Claim Coverage
We have specialist solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help
We have specialist Child Accident Claim Solicitors ready and waiting to help you across the UK.
Guide to Children's Accident Claims
Including Climbing Frame Accidents
Children, by their very nature are rather more inquisitive, energetic and less aware of their own safety than we are as adults, and therefore they experience a higher level of accidents and injury at school, home or when travelling. Parents or other adults responsible for our children's care must take extra precautions and be vigilant about safety issues.
Sometimes an accident cannot be prevented and minors can be hurt, but are they always to blame for the incident? And if the child is not responsible and there were other factors involved, when is it suitable to pursue a compensation claim?
At 1stClaims, we take every case very seriously and will take you through all these issues when considering your case.
Take the example of a child in a playground, perhaps falling off a climbing frame. What are the potential legal issues in this case?
- Was the climbing frame faulty?
- Was the surface of the ground underneath the frame sufficiently padded or covered by a soft material, such as bark?
- If at a school, nursery or play- group, was there adequate supervision?
- Was another child involved?
As you can see, there are a number of factors to be considered, which is why child accident claims need such specialist consideration.
Other examples where, if a child sustains an injury, a compensation claim might be acceptable are:
- Poorly protected building sites (even if the child was trespassing)
- Car or bicycle accidents
- Malfunctioning toys or play equipment
- Accidents that occur in the schoolroom, playing field, or civic space (a theatre, concert hall, public swimming pool or sports stadium for example)
In these examples, other people are responsible for ensuring optimum safety and security regulations are in place for any children and if you feel that these were not 100% effective a claim can be made.
Our 1stClaims solicitors are highly qualified and are carefully chosen. Our solicitors will look after your child's needs with sympathy and care and will ensure that the needs of the child in question are put first.
When putting together a compensation claim for your child we would also consider a number of issues that may have affected him or her as a result of the accident, or which may have an effect in the future.
- How much pain and suffering the child sustained
- The cost of medical or physiotherapy bills that may have been charged
- The effect on the child's confidence and mental stability
- Any long term effects as a result of the accident, which could have a significant impact on your child’s life and future career
Does Claiming Cost Money?
1stClaims does not charge you for using our service and all initial enquiries with our Solicitors are also free of charge, so rest assured, this initial step of making an enquiry will not cost you anything.
Once one of our Solicitors has assessed the merits of your enquiry they will make a judgement on the likely chances of bringing a successful claim and if the prospects are good, they will normally offer to take your case on a No Win No Fee basis. NOTE: If your case is successful your Solicitor will deduct up to a maximum of 25% of your final settlement or compensation award as payment for their fees. You can find out more about No Win No Fee arrangements and the potential costs that can be incurred by clicking here.
Can 1stClaims Help You or Your Child?
At 1stClaims we want to ensure that you are happy with the solicitor we choose for you, which is why we are so careful to ensure we choose only experts. Our solicitors put you first every time and with our free enquiry, it costs nothing to ask. Of course, you can make a claim enquiry without risk or obligation. All enquiries are free of charge and all funding options will be explained to you so that you have all of the information required to make an informed decision.
If you would like 1stClaims expert Children Accident solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01348 630720) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was quite straighforward
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? I would think so
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? I can't think of anything
Why Choose 1stClaims For Your Child Claim?
- We hand select only the best children accident solicitors to help you.
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor chosen by experts with 14 years claims experience