UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
C Section Birth Injury
Having a child is a life changing and exciting moment for most couples. However, for an unfortunate few, childbirth can be extremely complicated. If you have experienced complications following a c-section which occurred as a result of the negligent actions of one of the medical professionals treating you, you may be able to make a successful claim for medical negligence compensation.
C-Section Birth Injury Claim Types
C-sections have known complications which should be outlined to the mother or father if a c-section is being contemplated. If you have fully understood these complications and one then occurs during the surgery this will not usually be able to be used as grounds for a medical negligence claim. If a doctor does not fully inform you of the dangers of the procedure, and complications arise, you may be able to claim for negligence. However, do note that in situations where an emergency caesarean is taking place it may not be possible to do this.
More commonly, medical negligence compensation claims following a caesarean section occur due to one of the following:-
- Surgical negligence: for example, a retained swab or surgical instrument.
- Infection: if an infection has occurred as the direct result of a lack of cleanliness in the hospital, or due to the failure of medical professionals to follow proper preventative procedures, you may be able to claim.
- Birth injury to child
Every c-section negligence claim is different and you may not find that your claim fits into one of these categories. Ultimately when you make a medical negligence claim, your lawyer will have to show that the surgeon, doctor or nurse that treated you acted in a way which a reasonable body of medical professionals would not have. If you are making a c-section negligence claim against a hospital your lawyer will have to show that the hospital was not complying with standards which can be reasonably expected of a medical institution. Call 1st Claims today if you want to find out if you have ground to make a viable claim for compensation.
C-Section Birth Injury Compensation with 1st Claims
1st Claims can help you get the c-section birth injury compensation you deserve. We will put you in touch with a specialist medical negligence lawyer who has experienced dealing with c-section claims.
Following many years of experience in the medical negligence sector, we know every case is different and that you may not know whether you grounds to make a viable compensation claim. For this reason we offer everyone a free initial enquiry with one of our legal team.
To take advantage of our free c-section birth injury compensation enquiry service just give us a call on 0800 2888 693 or fill in our C Section online enquiry form.
Go back to find out more about Birth Injury Claims.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - your options for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
If Yes, were they able to help? Yes, think so
Was our website easy to use? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was fine
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by experts with 14 years of claims experience
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you