UK Wide Legal Services
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help
Types of Anaesthetist Negligence
When you go into hospital to have surgery, you will be putting your life in the hands of the surgical team who will be dealing with you whilst you are in theatre. One of the individuals whom you will be trusting with your life is your anaesthetist. When you are put under general anaesthetic or local anaesthetic anaesthetist's role is one in which you will invest your full trust in them. Therefore, if something goes wrong during or following anaesthesia you will be devastated. 1st Claims are here for you whether you have experienced an anaesthetist's negligence or whether you are concerned about the experiences a loved one went through whilst they were hospitalised.
Common Types of Anaesthetist Negligence Claim
Claims related to anaesthetist negligence are generally based on incorrect dosage amounts, badly administered medical care or negligent monitoring of the patient whilst in theatre.
1. Temporary or permanent paralysis: wrongly administered anaesthethsia can cause lasting nerve damage or spinal damage
2. Fatality: wrongly administered anaesthesia can result in coma, and in serious cases, fatality. If your loved one passed away following an anaesthetist's negligence you will be able to make a claim on their behalf.
3. Brain damage: usually caused by lack of oxygen to the brain due to a failure to correctly monitor breathing during surgery or due to a failure to ascertain the patient suffered respiratory problems prior to administration of anaesthesia.
4. Pain: due to too little local anaesthetic being administered or due to anaesthesia wearing off too soon allowing the patient to feel pain during surgery.
5. Anaesthetic awareness: this is a rare, but serious, occurrence. Anaesthetic awareness leaves the patient paralysed but completely aware of the operation which is taking place. This can have serious and lasting psychological repercussions for the individual.
6. Other physical injury claims: for example, throat injuries causes by intubation errors.
How Can We Help You?
1st Claims can help you find the perfect lawyer to help you make a successful anaesthetic negligence claim. We will be able to help you whatever your claim and whether you are claiming against an employee of a private healthcare service or against an anaesthetist who works for the NHS. To add to this we will be able to give you legal guidance as to whether your anaesthetist negligence claim is likely to be successful. We offer you the option to make a free initial enquiry with us so you can find out whether or not you have grounds to make a claim.
All initial anaesthetist negligence enquiries are offer to you completely free of charge. This is so you can talk to someone about your claim with nothing to lose. We will investigate all legal funding options for you. Simply click here or call us on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557).
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes, very quickly
If Yes, were they able to help? Yes, they have sent him an information pack
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was one of the easiest he has seen
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 4
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, just that nothing is perfect
Why Choose 1stClaims
- We hand select only the best personal injury claim and medical negligence solicitors to help you.
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- 1stClaims are experts with 12 years of claims experience