UK Wide Whiplash Injury Claim Coverage
We have specialist Whiplash Injury Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
Whiplash is the common name given to an injury caused by a sudden jolt or movement to the body or head, causing damage to the ligaments, tendons and muscles in the neck. It causes pain, stiffness and loss of movement initially, but can lead to other symptoms as the swelling increases.
A proper whiplash diagnosis should always involve a doctor or other medical professional. If you are at all worried that you may be suffering from a whiplash injury you should go to your local GP or a hospital as soon as possible for a diagnosis. However, here 1st Claims will give you some simple things to watch out for that may indicate that your injury will be diagnosed as whiplash.
A diagnosis of whiplash is more likely if you are suffering specific symptoms following specific accidents. Here we run through some common symptoms and causes of whiplash that may aid your whiplash diagnosis. This is not an extensive guide as every whiplash injury is different and your injury may present itself in a slightly different set of symptoms or occur in different circumstances to the ones we mention below.
Certain symptoms will indicate you are likely to have whiplash: Symptoms of whiplash often do not appear in the immediate aftermath of a collision. It may take between six to 12 hours for the symptoms to manifest and they may continue to get worse over the following days. If you are unsure whether or not you are suffering from whiplash, look out for the following symptoms:
- tenderness of the neck
- lack of mobility in the neck and shoulders
- pain in the lower back
- pain or numbness in the arms and hands
- blurred vision
Certain accidents are likely to cause whiplash: The most common cause of whiplash is a motor vehicle accident, when an impact between two vehicles (usually from a rear end collision) causes the head to jolt violently. However, it can also be the result of a range of other causes including contact sports e.g. rugby, being hit by a moving object, or a slip or fall that results in the same jolting action of the head and neck.
Will The Diagnosis Be Whiplash?
9 times out of 10 the diagnosis will be of whiplash or a more minor injury. However, sometimes these symptoms are not a sign of whiplash and of much more severe injuries such as a fractured spine. Therefore, for peace of mind it is absolutely vital that you consult a medical professional so they can make a proper diagnosis of your whiplash injury. Whatever your injury is you must receive a proper diagnosis to ensure that you receive the proper treatment.
Going to a GP for a whiplash diagnosis is also important to supplement a whiplash claim. A GP can also provide you with a full report of your injuries should you wish to consider making a whiplash claim.
Making a Claim for Whiplash
If you discover that you have sustained a whiplash injury, you may be able to claim for compensation. Find out more about claiming for whiplash.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No it was really good, got a call straight away
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by one of our directors who was a personal injury solicitor for 14 years. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit