UK Wide Medical Negligence Claims Service
We have specialist Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
What Is Medical Negligence?
If you have been injured whilst under the care of a medical professional, you might be questioning what went wrong, whether you are a victim of Medical Negligence, and what can you do about it. The purpose of this section is to explain 'what is medical negligence'.
Medical Negligence Claims, now often referred to as Clinical Negligence Claims can arise out of many circumstances when you have received negligent treatment. What amounts to negligent medical treatment will typically fit into one of three categories:
- A mistake being made by the professional whilst carrying out the treatment - such as prescribing the wrong drugs or carrying out an operation incorrectly
- An omission being made by the professional - such as failing to diagnose a condition or failing to refer a patient for a scan that would have resulted in a condition being diagnosed
- Failure to obtain full and appropriate consent prior to carrying our treatment or warn of the potential risks and side effects of treatment
Types of Medical Negligence Claims
Medical Negligence can arise from any circumstance where a medical professional has breached the duty of care that they owe to each and every patient they treat. This makes it a very complex area of law that requires specialist advice. Your 1stClaims Medical Negligence Claims Solicitor will have many years of experience in dealing with all types of medical negligence claims but below are details of some of the more common areas of complaint:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer
- Birth injury claims, including cerebral palsy
- Failure to diagnose or correctly treat brain tumours (subarachnoid haemorrhage)
- Failure to diagnose liver disease during pregnancy (obstetric cholestasis)
- Failure to diagnose or effectively treat epilepsy
- Infections acquired whilst in hospitals, including MRSA
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery negligence
- Dental negligence
For a full list of the types of Medical Negligence claims that we could help you with, view our A-Z list.
Let 1stClaims put you back on the fast track to recovery.
At 1stClaims, we want to make sure that you are happy with the solicitor we choose for you, which is why we are so careful to ensure we choose only experts.
If you would like 1stClaims' expert Medical Negligence Claims Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, all initial enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes, they are visiting her tomorrow
Was our website easy to use? Very easy
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was alright
A to Z Of Medical Claims
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by our own solicitor with over 18 years claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you