UK Wide Car Accident Claim Coverage
We have expert car accident claim solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
Reduce The Risk of Whiplash Injury
Is Your Car Headrest Positioned Correctly?
If you adjust your car headrest correctly, you can save yourself from a lot of pain if you are involved in an accident. Many headrests are not raised sufficiently high and therefore the user is not afforded the maximum protection in an accident. Often they are too low and if you are hit from behind your head will actually be flipped back over the top of the headrest causing a severe neck injury.
Top of Head Rest Level with Your Eyes
Although opinions vary, generally if the top of your head rest is at least level with your eyes your head rest will be able to do its job in the event of an accident.
What Happens During a Rear End Shunt?
If you are involved in an accident where your car is hit from the rear, the first movement from your body is being pushed forwards and upwards by the car seat. As your head is not normally connected to the seat (i.e. not touching) it remains in the same position while the rest of your body is moving. If the headrest is in the correct position, rather than the neck being thrown back over the top of the headrest, the headrest will move the neck forward with the seat.
The next movement as the car stops is the body being thrown forward. If restrained by a seatbelt the neck will then move forward over the rest of the body, flexing the neck now forwards. It is while the neck is over stretched (hyperextension and hyperflexion) that the whiplash injury is sustained.
We can help you
If you would like 1stClaims expert whiplash solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 (from a mobile click to call: 01275 774 557) or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Remember, it costs absolutely nothing to ask and you are under no obligation to make a claim, we just want to help you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
What Happens Next?
Complete a Quick Claim Enquiry and this is what you will benefit from:
- Advice on whether you can make a claim and how the claims process works from a specialist claims solicitor;
- Compensation - what can you claim for and how much are you likely to receive;
- Costs - whether you will qualify for a no win no fee claim or details of other methods for funding your claim; and
- An explanation of what will happen next if you decide to carry on and make a claim (how your solicitor will take care of everything for you).
All on a free, no obligation Quick Claim Enquiry Advice Call.
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was fine, no problems
We Have The Best UK Whiplash Claims Solicitors Ready To Help You
- England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales coverage
- Completely free, no obligation initial enquiries
- Your solicitor is chosen by one of our directors who was a personal injury solicitor for 14 years. This ensures you are put in touch with the best solicitors to ensure you receive a 1stClass service from 1stClaims!
- All 1stClaims solicitors are monitored by client feedback to ensure a quality service is maintained for your benefit