UK Wide Medical Negligence Claim Coverage
We have expert Medical Negligence Claim Solicitors across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland waiting to help you now.
What Is Medical Negligence?
If you have been injured whilst under the care of a medical professional, you might be questioning what went wrong and what can you do about it. The purpose of this section is to explain 'what is medical negligence' and if it has happened to you, can make make a claim for compensation and how would you do this.
Medical Negligence Claims, now often referred to as Clinical Negligence Claims can arise out of many circumstances when you have received negligent treatment. What amounts to negligent medical treatment broadly speaking can fit into three categories:
- A mistake being made by the professional whilst carrying out the treatment such as prescribing the wrong drugs or carrying out an operation incorrectly
- An omission being made by the professional such as failing to diagnose a condition or failing to refer a patient for a scan that would have resulted in a condition being diagnosed
- Failure to obtain full and appropriate consent prior to carrying our treatment or warn of the potential risks and side effects of treatment
"My reason for contacting you was to help me find a solicitor to deal with a medical negligence claim. My previous solicitor no longer does this kind of work.
I can thoroughly recommend the services that 1stClaims offer for anybody who is seeking advice regarding medical negligence claims. The lady who took my details was very efficient and polite. Within hours I was phoned by a solicitor who you had recommended, and matters are now proceeding in a satisfactory way.
Before contacting you, I was apprehensive that I was not going to find anybody who would be able to help me in this specialised field.
The benefits of your service are the fast response, follow up and a good understanding of what is required.
I have complete confidence in recommending your excellent service.
I am actually a retired doctor and can understand whether the people with whom I am dealing have a clear knowledge of what is required. Before I rang 1st Claims, i contacted a marketing agency and was told:-
- that as my claim was so old, it was time barred
- they were unable to help as I had already been to another solicitor.
Both the reasons that I was given are completely wrong."
Dr E A Hopkins, LRCP MRCS
Types of Medical Negligence Claims
Clinical negligence can arise from any circumstance where a medical professional has breached the duty of care that they owe to each and every patient they treat. This makes it a very complex area of law that requires specialist advice. Your 1stClaims Medical Negligence Claims Solicitor will have many years of experience in dealing with all types of medical negligence claims but below are details of some of the more common areas of complaint:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer
- Birth injury claims including cerebral palsy
- Failure to diagnose or correctly treat brain tumours (subarachnoid haemorrhage)
- Failure to diagnose liver disease during pregnancy (obstetric cholestasis)
- Failure to diagnose or effectively treat epilepsy
- Failure to diagnose or effectively treat septicaemia
- Infections acquired whilst in hospitals including MRSA
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Dental negligence
Let 1stClaims put you back on the fast track to recovery.
At 1stClaims, we want to make sure that you are happy with the solicitor we choose for you, which is why we are so careful to ensure we choose only experts.
If you would like 1stClaims' expert Medical Negligence Claims Solicitors on your side please call us free on 0800 2888 693 or complete our Free Claim Enquiry form now and we will be in touch with you very soon.
"What I most liked about your service is that it was easy to use. I was nervous about contacting you at first but that changed as soon as I had spoken to your staff who were very friendly. I would certainly recommend your service to other people thinking of making a medical negligence claim." Mr S, Berkshire
Remember, all initial enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you.
We are here to help you from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
8.30am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sundays.
A to Z Of Medical Claims
What clients are saying about 1stClaims service today
Has a solicitor been in contact? Yes
Was our website easy to use? Yes, it was fine
Would you recommend our website to anyone else thinking of making a claim? Yes, definitely
Out of 5, please rate the ease of use of our website or service. 5
Any other comments or suggestions that would make it easier to ask about claiming? No, it was easy
Essential Medical Negligence Guide
To receive our free guide providing you with all the information you MUST know before making an enquiry about a medical negligence claim, please complete your details below:
Why Choose Us for Your Medical Claim?
- Completely free, no obligation enquiries
- Expert medical negligence solicitors selected for you by our own solicitor with over 18 years claims experience
- Legal Aid Available
- Private treatment available
- Our service is completely free for you
News / Articles
Red Flag Symptoms Of Cauda Equina Syndrome - 17/01/2013
Missed Fourth Degree Tears - 14/01/2013
Diabetic Care Is Failing - 11/01/2013
Negligent Nose Jobs - 14/12/2012
Substandard Lung Cancer Care - 10/12/2012